Sod Lawn Installation: There is no new lawn installation that even compares to the beauty of Sod. In most landscapes we can have the old lawn out and the new lawn installed in a matter of days. Imagine the difference of that deep emerald green lawn.
Grass Seed Installation: The cost savings are nice with a seeded lawn. Baseline Landscapes use very high quality seed to ensure your yard doesn’t end up with unwanted grass varieties and weeds. While seed takes a little time to germinate, the results can make your neighbors GREEN with envy.
Synthetic Lawn Installation: Synthetic lawns have grown in popularity in recent years. As have the Synthetic Lawn products. We are experts at installing synthetic lawns and putting greens.
Shade Lawn Installation: The Northwest has no shortage of shade. While Shade Lawns can be a challenge, a properly installed and maintained Shade Lawn can be a staple point in your landscape.
Turf Lawn Installation: Baseline Landscapes is a first-class installer of RTF turf – a shade blend grass.
What is RTF?
Rhizomatous Tall Fescue (RTF©) is an advanced generation of turf-type tall fescue which produces rhizomes. A rhizome is an underground stem that penetrates laterally through the soil to spread the plant. Rhizomes send shoots up to the soil surface while extending new roots downward, forming a new plant. The rhizomatous nature of RTF is similar to Kentucky bluegrass. However, unlike Kentucky bluegrass RTF will survive the transition zone climate and other tall fescue turf regions.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Quickly fills in damaged or open spots with new shoots of grass
- High level of traffic tolerance
- Dense turf without open areas prevents weed growth
Strong, deep root system and drought tolerance
- Rapid development of a deep root system
- Excellent drought and heat tolerance with less irrigation
- Adaptable to a wide range of soil conditions
Grows great in sun or shade
- Excellent in the transition zone climate and other tall fescue turf regions
- Will not brown out in the intense summer heat
- One of the most shade tolerant cool season grasses
Excellent color and density
- Has fine leaves which produce a very dense, uniform sod
- Early spring greenup
- Withstands stressful hot temperatures and keeps its rich green color
Excellent insect and disease resistance
- Endophyte enhanced for improved insect, disease and drought tolerance
- Environmentally friendly, reduces chemical and fertilizer inputs
RTF sod requires less overseeding, has fewer weed problems and prevents “wide-leafed ugly clumps” of tall fescue plants
Young plants first build the root and shoot system; then concentrate on producing rhizomes. With RTF sod, the rhizomes are already developed
RTF sod, with the aid of rhizomes anchors itself faster, water requirements are reduced and turf can be used sooner
Hydro Seed Lawn Installation: Hydroseeding is a fast way to plant a new lawn. Water, seed, fertilizer, cellulose fiber or wood mulch, and other agents to treat the soil such as lime, are mixed together in the desired proportions. When sprayed on to the ground, the mulch in the mixture forms a moist protective coating for the seeds, allowing them to germinate.